We all have one...
It's inevitable...they're everywhere...you can't hide from them...you can't avoid them...
...the dreaded co-worker...
Every job has at least one...here, we call ours "Darth" because of the way she huffs & puffs...while stomping around the office & bitching to herself about the fact that she actually has to WORK! Imagine that!
She is a drama queen, no doubt. Every tiny thing is exaggerated & is turned into a gigantic monument when it happens to her. She loves to be the center of attention...she loves to hear herself talk.
An example...the other day she was talking about how one of her children has recently been diagnosed with asthma. She was CRYING & saying "I don't know what we're going to do..." She was acting as if it was terminal cancer! Here's a little caveat...her "child" is 18...my problem with this? It's ASTHMA...I have 2 children with it...have had it since they were toddlers...have spent MANY nights up with them, holding them with the nebulizer mask because they don't want to put it on their faces...& here's Darth CRYING about her 18 year old "child" having it, when he can take care of himself.
I almost nearly lost it then...almost told her..."when you have to stay up with 2 toddler-aged children, trying to make sure that they are both getting the Albuterol through the mask, which they don't want to put on their faces because it's uncomfortable & they're too young to know better...fidgety & fussy children...night after night...then you can cry...until then...shut.the.fuck.up!"
You're probably thinking that she & I had some sort of issue with office politics...no...sadly...for her, that is, pretty much everyone in the office feels the same way about her. We all try to avoid getting stuck in a conversation with her.
I often feel like putting my fist through her face because she whines about everything. I often feel like telling her to shut the fuck up. Unfortunately for me, I can't really do any of those things...I was often told as a child, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. I live by that rule, because I lack the ability to filter out things that should not be said when I am caught up in the heat of the moment. So, instead of saying something that I know would make her cry, I simply avoid her at all costs.
I often think how lonely she must be, because from what I know, she doesn't have many friends...& that's sad...I LOVE my friends...couldn't imagine my life without them! But although, at rare times I feel bad for her, I also think that it's her own doing...if she would just SHUT UP & listen to what other people have to say...if she would stop always manipulating the conversation so she's the center of attention...if she would stop whining...I'm sure that she'd have friends...or more than 1 or 2 anyway.
Another thing about Darth...she's on meds...so I also sometimes think...holy shit...what if she WASN'T on them?! I couldn't imagine...well, I could...but the results would certainly be nearly catastrophic, as I would more than likely put more than my fist through her face.
Anyhow, just received some bad news...& I will be posting another...later...I guess 2 in a day isn't so rare after all...
...the dreaded co-worker...
Every job has at least one...here, we call ours "Darth" because of the way she huffs & puffs...while stomping around the office & bitching to herself about the fact that she actually has to WORK! Imagine that!
She is a drama queen, no doubt. Every tiny thing is exaggerated & is turned into a gigantic monument when it happens to her. She loves to be the center of attention...she loves to hear herself talk.
An example...the other day she was talking about how one of her children has recently been diagnosed with asthma. She was CRYING & saying "I don't know what we're going to do..." She was acting as if it was terminal cancer! Here's a little caveat...her "child" is 18...my problem with this? It's ASTHMA...I have 2 children with it...have had it since they were toddlers...have spent MANY nights up with them, holding them with the nebulizer mask because they don't want to put it on their faces...& here's Darth CRYING about her 18 year old "child" having it, when he can take care of himself.
I almost nearly lost it then...almost told her..."when you have to stay up with 2 toddler-aged children, trying to make sure that they are both getting the Albuterol through the mask, which they don't want to put on their faces because it's uncomfortable & they're too young to know better...fidgety & fussy children...night after night...then you can cry...until then...shut.the.fuck.up!"
You're probably thinking that she & I had some sort of issue with office politics...no...sadly...for her, that is, pretty much everyone in the office feels the same way about her. We all try to avoid getting stuck in a conversation with her.
I often feel like putting my fist through her face because she whines about everything. I often feel like telling her to shut the fuck up. Unfortunately for me, I can't really do any of those things...I was often told as a child, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. I live by that rule, because I lack the ability to filter out things that should not be said when I am caught up in the heat of the moment. So, instead of saying something that I know would make her cry, I simply avoid her at all costs.
I often think how lonely she must be, because from what I know, she doesn't have many friends...& that's sad...I LOVE my friends...couldn't imagine my life without them! But although, at rare times I feel bad for her, I also think that it's her own doing...if she would just SHUT UP & listen to what other people have to say...if she would stop always manipulating the conversation so she's the center of attention...if she would stop whining...I'm sure that she'd have friends...or more than 1 or 2 anyway.
Another thing about Darth...she's on meds...so I also sometimes think...holy shit...what if she WASN'T on them?! I couldn't imagine...well, I could...but the results would certainly be nearly catastrophic, as I would more than likely put more than my fist through her face.
Anyhow, just received some bad news...& I will be posting another...later...I guess 2 in a day isn't so rare after all...





Post a Comment