6.01.2009

This is what I've realized...

(Originally posted on 2.8.09...elsewhere)


So, for those of you that really know me, you know I'm random...with random thoughts, ideas, & realizations...

My latest random realization...I realize what makes Jae & I work...

Is it possible to be so different, yet so alike? Yes it is...

We are alike in most of our strengths & none of our weaknesses...we're both intelligent, compassionate, mature, & humorous...there's more but I could be here all night...

Where we differ...this is where our true strength lies...for whatever my weaknesses are, he is strong...for whatever his weaknesses are, I am strong...where I am impatient, he has un-ending patience...where he is stubborn, I am willing to bend...where I get stressed out & emotional, he is the voice of reason...where he shuts out the world, I am there to knock down the wall...

For those of you who know me...this doesn't sound like...well...me...but I've been on the path of knowledge lately...I'm not sure how to describe it, but my marriage seemed to put blinders on me...I didn't see anything else except what was going on at home...but now...I'm on sensory overload...I'm learning & re-discovering...

The one thing I have learned is that it is so completely...wonderful...to be with someone that makes me feel like this...instead of letting me keep my blinders on, he's showing me the world...I can honestly say, with the exception of my children, no one has ever made me feel like this...

So this is where I'll end my little nugget of knowledge...there is a difference between "I love you because I don't want to be alone" & "I love you & I don't want to live without you."

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home